Several Cookeville Leisure Services events and activities are cancelled or postponed as social distancing continues into April. Cancelled are Dogapalooza and Cane Creek BioBlitz. Postponed are World Tai Chi Day, art exhibits and spring softball leagues. Read on...
Adjusting to social distancing challenges, Cookeville History Museum and Cookeville Depot Museum staff members have come up with online ways to stay connected with local history lovers who are temporarily unable to visit amid COVID-19 virus precautions. Read on...
Cane Creek Recreation Center’s doors are temporarily closed, but the fun must go on. Staff members have been working on online recreation and wellness opportunities for citizens who are now unable to participate in programs due to social distancing. Read on...
Due to recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and local health officials regarding the growing threat of the COVID-19 virus, Cookeville Leisure Services has closed several facilities and will be cancelling activities until further notice. Read on...
It’s the “reel” deal – Cane Creek Park’s winter trout are here. TWRA released approximately 2,000 rainbow trout into the park’s 56-acre lake Dec. 11 and will return Jan. 22 to release 3,000 more through its annual statewide winter trout stocking program. Read on...
City of Cookeville Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities is the leading provider of recreational and educational programs, classes and events in this area. We are responsible for the following:
- 10 city parks
- Cookeville Performing Arts Center
- Cane Creek Recreation Center
- Cane Creek Gymnasium
- Cane Creek SportsPlex
- Cookeville Depot Museum
- Cookeville History Museum
- Cookeville City Cemetery
- Maintenance of all city buildings
Cane Creek Recreation Center offers daily fitness classes. Learn more
Many special occasions are celebrated at Cane Creek Park - birthdays, reunions, weddings, graduations and more. With its sparkling lake and scenic wooded areas, the park is the perfect setting for making memories. Three picnic shelters are available to make these gatherings more convenient. Learn More
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by being the leading provider of quality leisure time activities, programs, events, facilities and open space for our citizens. That mission is guided by some basic beliefs:
- We believe in safety and cleanliness.
- We believe in being creative, innovative and progressive.
- We believe offering a money-back guarantee indicates our commitment to quality and excellence.
- We believe our people, whether full-time, part-time or temporary, are our most important resource and asset.
- We believe our facility users and program participants’ first impression will be their lasting impression.
- We believe word of mouth is the most important form of publicity and marketing.
- We believe in being courteous, helpful, attentive and fair.
- We believe in protecting and preserving open space and parks in order to enhance the quality of life for future generations.
- We believe in making the good life better.