It’s not too late to join the class – dance class, that is. Leisure Services School of Dance season begins Aug. 2. An open house will be the same day, giving prospective students an opportunity to meet the instructors, see the dance studio and register. Read on...
When it comes to musical legends, Cookeville has a storied history. Those stories are coming together in a new exhibit – “Stories of Cookeville Music” – that will be open July 17-Sept. 18 at the Cookeville History Museum. Read on...
Peering inside the small wooden boxes at Cane Creek Park, Bill and Jane Gray anticipate sweet discoveries. First, they notice bits of straw, grass or pine needles. Later, a full nest. Then, several small blue eggs. And finally, baby bluebirds. Read on...
Some kids fill summer break with sports. Others prefer arts and crafts or free play. Cookeville Leisure Services’ summer day camps provide opportunities for all of the above. Registration is open at Cane Creek Recreation Center and Gymnasium. Read on...
City of Cookeville Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities is the leading provider of recreational and educational programs, classes and events in this area. We are responsible for 10 city parks, Cookeville Performing Arts Center, Cane Creek Recreation Center, Cane Creek Gymnasium, Cane Creek SportsPlex, Cookeville Depot Museum, Cookeville History Museum, Cookeville City Cemetery and maintenance of all city buildings.
Fitness Classes & Programs
We offer a variety of group fitness classes and recreation programs at Cane Creek Recreation Center. Learn More
Shelter Reservations: Cane Creek Park
Many special occasions are celebrated at Cane Creek Park: birthdays, reunions, weddings, graduations and more. With its sparkling lake and scenic wooded areas, the park is the perfect setting for making memories. Three picnic shelters are available to make gatherings more convenient. Learn More
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by being the leading provider of quality leisure time activities, programs, events, facilities and open space for our citizens. That mission is guided by some basic beliefs:
- We believe in safety and cleanliness.
- We believe in being creative, innovative and progressive.
- We believe offering a money-back guarantee indicates our commitment to quality and excellence.
- We believe our people, whether full-time, part-time or temporary, are our most important resource and asset.
- We believe our facility users and program participants’ first impression will be their lasting impression.
- We believe word of mouth is the most important form of publicity and marketing.
- We believe in being courteous, helpful, attentive and fair.
- We believe in protecting and preserving open space and parks in order to enhance the quality of life for future generations.
- We believe in making the good life better.