Music and lunch will come together four Fridays in October for the Brown Bag Lunch Concert series at the Cookeville Depot. Admission is free. “Listening to great music while sitting outside on a nice fall day at the depot is about as good as it gets..." Read on...
It was a landmark moment in American history – the ratification of the 19th Amendment on Aug. 18, 1920, giving women the right to vote. Cookeville History Museum is marking that moment 100 years later with a new exhibit, “Suffrage Centennial 1920-2020." Read on...
“What was life like during the pandemic of 2020?” Cookeville History Museum is preparing for the time when future generations ask that question by collecting as many local “quarantine stories” as possible. “We are experiencing a new, shared history..." Read on...
City of Cookeville Department of Leisure Services and Public Facilities is the leading provider of recreational and educational programs, classes and events in this area. We are responsible for the following:
- 10 city parks
- Cookeville Performing Arts Center
- Cane Creek Recreation Center
- Cane Creek Gymnasium
- Cane Creek SportsPlex
- Cookeville Depot Museum
- Cookeville History Museum
- Cookeville City Cemetery
- Maintenance of all city buildings
Cane Creek Recreation Center offers daily fitness classes. Learn more
Many special occasions are celebrated at Cane Creek Park - birthdays, reunions, weddings, graduations and more. With its sparkling lake and scenic wooded areas, the park is the perfect setting for making memories. Three picnic shelters are available to make these gatherings more convenient. Learn More
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by being the leading provider of quality leisure time activities, programs, events, facilities and open space for our citizens. That mission is guided by some basic beliefs:
- We believe in safety and cleanliness.
- We believe in being creative, innovative and progressive.
- We believe offering a money-back guarantee indicates our commitment to quality and excellence.
- We believe our people, whether full-time, part-time or temporary, are our most important resource and asset.
- We believe our facility users and program participants’ first impression will be their lasting impression.
- We believe word of mouth is the most important form of publicity and marketing.
- We believe in being courteous, helpful, attentive and fair.
- We believe in protecting and preserving open space and parks in order to enhance the quality of life for future generations.
- We believe in making the good life better.