The Cookeville Police Department’s social media presence is coordinated by the Cookeville Police Department’s employees. If you have any suggestions or comments, please feel free to email us or send us a message. A comment on Cookeville Police Department’s social media page(s) constitutes acceptance of the use terms indicated below.
Cookeville Police Department Social Media Page(s) Use Terms:
• A posting on social media page(s) constitutes acceptance of these terms
• In case of emergency, or if you need police assistance DIAL 911
• Do not use the Cookeville Police Department’s social media pages to report a crime. To report a crime, call 931-526-2125 or for an emergency 911
• If you post information on the pages in regards to a crime, you may put
yourself in a position where you are a witness to a crime and subject to subpoena
• “Friending” between Cookeville Police Department Officers and a citizen does not indicate endorsement of that person’s actions or comments.
• Comments posted by others on the Cookeville Police Departments’ social media page(s) are not to be considered the opinion of the Department; nor does the Cookeville Police Department endorse any third party comments on this page.
• The Cookeville Police Department reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the Cookeville Police Department.
• The Cookeville Police Department does not allow posting of photos or videos by anyone other than members of the Department.
The Cookeville Police Department welcomes a person’s right to express his/her opinion and encourages posters to keep comments related to the content in this page. The Cookeville Police Department reserves the right to remove any comments that are inappropriate, offensive or clearly off topic, including comments that:
• defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others
• include racism, hatred, slander, threats, obscenity, violence, vulgarity,
• spam, advertise, have personal information about another person or that
• violates a person’s privacy, includes copyrighted material that belongs to
another person, or contains links to inappropriate websites.